How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Here is our practice Privacy Notice:
Ibstock & Barlestone Surgeries Privacy Notice
For more information on accessing your health records please see our Subject Access Request page.
The Risk Stratification Tool
This is a tool which combines information about patients from primary and secondary care to work out potential health risks and likely future need of health care. Please read more here.
Sharing your GP medical record
Health services in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland are introducing a new system of sharing medical records between a GP practice and other NHS organisations.
The system will allow the healthcare professional who provide you with care, to view information in your GP medical record. Viewing your record will help to improve the quality of your care and potentially save lives.
See the information leaflet all about this new service: Factsheet for MIG Data Sharing.
If you wish to opt out of this service please email and let us know and we will remove your name from this service.
Summary Care Record
Please see the separate page under Further Information in the right hand column for information about this national initiative to share parts of your medical record.