We are currently recruiting for a Patient Services Team member:
Patient Services Team Member
Ibstock & Barlestone Surgeries are seeking a new member to join our friendly, hardworking and forward thinking Patient Services Team.
There is flexibility in the position and 4 or 3 days is possible depending on the candidate. In either case the working days would be Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00am and 6:30pm across both sites. Day or days off to be agreed according to practice needs.
We are a busy teaching and training practice with over 11,000 patients. Our innovative multidisciplinary team includes 5 GP Partners, 2 salaried GPs, 2 Emergency Care Practitioners, 4 Nurse Practitioners, 3 Health Care Assistants, 2 Pharmacists, Registrars and a Dispensary team who are all supported by our Patient Services Team.
What we look for in your application:
- Experience in a face paced customer service role
- IT Skills (knowledge of SystmOne would be advantageous, however training is provided)
- Positive and proactive approach to work, with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to abide by strict confidentiality guidelines and legislation and the responsibility this brings
This is a challenging and rewarding role requiring initiative, intelligence, excellent communication skills, tact and discretion and provides a range of administration duties such as:
- Ensure an effective, professional and efficient service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice.
- Booking, cancelling and amending appointments. Including taking basic clinical details and signposting patients.
- Dealing with general enquiries via multiple platforms including but not limited to face to face, email, SMS text message, the clinical system, letter and telephone.
- Processing prescription requests in line with practice guidelines
- Adding patient correspondence and coding data onto the clinical system.
Benefits of working with Ibstock & Barlestone Surgeries:
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave (4.5 weeks per year plus Bank Holidays pro rata (and your Birthday!))
- Auto-enrolment in to the NHS pension scheme
Please note this role requires the ability to work at either of the practices two sites and move between them at short notice.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and a covering letter (stating your preferred number of days) to: emma.haywood@GP-C82012.nhs.uk
Closing date: Monday 15th November 2021
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification here.